I’m responsible for the snacks at this month’s team mtg, at work. It’s a great opportunity to try this Sour Cream Lemon Loaf – from my mom’s recipe file. It’s pretty easy, especially if you keep a box of pound cake mix in the pantry- which I will after tasting this. Don’t skip the glaze – it makes all the difference!! I’ll add a bowl of fruit for those people trying to be ‘good’ and I’m done!
Sour Cream Lemon Loaf (makes one loaf)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 – 16 oz box pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sour cream, oil, eggs, lemon zest and lemon extract together.
- Add the pound cake mix and beat to incorporate.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool loaf.
- Mix together the confectioners sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest to make a glaze.
- Using a skewer, poke holes in the loaf. Drizzle the glaze over the loaf.