It’s been a crazy few weeks for some friends of mine, not the least of which was moving to a new home – so I decided to bring them dinner on moving day. A cozy meal seemed the right idea, featuring this slow cooker Tomatillo Chicken. It’s simple to prepare – done in a slow cooker while I was at work. The bite of the tomatillo salsa and the creamyness of sour cream is a great blend. I served it with brown rice and roasted vegetables. For dessert, my Apple Crisp – how cozy is that! Happy Housewarming!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 videlia onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- Mix the remaining ingredients , except the sour cream, in a bowl and pour it over the chicken.
- Cook in a slow cooker on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours,
- Remove the chicken and stir the sour cream into the sauce, until fully blended.
- Serve over rice.