With the name Lemon Bisque, you are probably thinking Lemon Soup?? I’m not sure how it got it’s name, but this is a light lucious dessert like a lemon mousse. I usually make this as a pie – with graham cracker crumbs as a ‘crust’, but recently, I served it in individual glasses (sans the ‘crust’), with ginger cookies alongside. Make this in advance, as it must be chilled for a few hours.
- 1 3oz lemon jello
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 8 long pieces graham crackers (if making pie)
- Mix the package of jello and 3/4 boiling water.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- If making pie, crush the graham cracker and put 1/2 of them in a 9″ buttered pie plate.
- Whip the evaporated milk to 2 times in bulk.
- Add lemon mixture to the milk. Beat until combined.
- Spread into pie pan or spoon into individual glasses.
- If making a pie, sprinkle the pie with the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover the individual glasses with plastic wrap.
- Chill for several hours.