At the holidays I don’t like to forget my furry friends. Every year I make some goodies for my friends’ dogs, with extras for Maggie (of course). In the past I’ve made these Gingerbread Dog Cookies – and using the teenie cookie cutters I found – how cute are these ?!
But as you can see – photography can be an issue with Maggie as a helper.
At least you know the recipe is ‘Maggie approved’ !!
Gingerbread Dog Cookies (Yield depends on the size of the cookies.)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (preferably unsalted)
- 1 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- Combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut out the treats using a small cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies closely together,on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store at room temperature in a loosely covered container.
This recipe is from ‘the original dog biscuit cookbook’.