I love serving nuts as a quick nibble. In the past I’ve shared Chipotle Rosemary nuts, sweet Gourmet Pecans and Rosemary Cashews . Last Thanksgiving, I tried another recipe – Chile Lime Cashews, from Martha Stewart. They were a BIG hit! I was going to share these with you in time for the Super Bowl, but heck, the Falcons are still in the playoffs, so you might need to fix some this weekend! These nuts are sweet with a kick and so simple to make – I hope you’ll try them. I served then in a brown paper lunch bag, folded down – couldn’t be simpler. I also like to provide a fun spoon or scoop for serving – it’s a cute look and with this flu season you can’t be too careful! Go Falcons!!
Chile Lime Cashews (makes 3 cups)
- 2 1/2 Tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 Tblsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups raw unsalted cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind the salt and lime zest in a medium bowl, using the back of a wooden spoon. Mixture will turn green.
- Add the dark brown sugar, red pepper flakes and egg white to the salt mixture and whisk together until frothy.
- Add the cashews and toss to coat.
- Spread the cashew mixture in a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely