You know, life isn’t always ‘tidy’. So when a friend is going through a difficult time, I like to take them over a meal. Chicken Divan is often the dish I bring. It’s real comfort food to me.- must be the creamy sauce (I always make extra). I often pair it with my Twice the Rice Casserole. The fruity nutty rice is a nice contrast to the slight curry flavor of the Divan.
Chicken Divan (serves 6-8)
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 2 1/2 cups of broccoli florets. cooked
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, not prepared
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Breadcrumbs ( or stuffing mix)
- Poach chicken in water or chicken broth for 15 minutes or until cooked. Cool
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix the soup, mayonaise, curry powder, lemon juice and cheese.
- Put the broccoli on the bottomof a casserole dish.
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces and place on top of the broccoli.
- Cover the chicken/broccoli with the soup mixture.
- Sprinke the top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly.
This dish freezes well. Cool completely , then wrap well before freezing.