As you’ve hopefully noticed, last week I started updating “a scrumptious life’. For the next few
weeks (let’s be honest) months, I’ll be continuing to update the blog’s appearance and functionality. I’ve decided to tackle this myself, as much as possible, in order to learn more about the behind the scenes (and, yikes!, coding) aspect of a blog. My inner geek is coming out ! I’ve been wanting to do this for a while and finally decided that it was better to just start and make updates as I can.
I appreciate your patience as this adventure unfolds. I’ve already discovered that the photos looked wonky if you are using Internet Explorer 8. Luckily, the folks at my WordPress Atlanta meet-up came to the rescue and helped me correct that. So, please let me know if anything looks weird or doesn’t work. I’ll keep you updated as I complete more updates. Thanks again for visiting “a scrumptious life”.
Here’s what I’ve accomplished so far:
Changed the overall appearance.
- You’ll now see the last five posts on the front page. Just click on the post name to read the full post.
- I’ve added new ‘tabs’ to help you find posts more easily.
- The color scheme is now red & turquoise.
- There’s a new ‘most popular’ section on the sidebar – so you can see which posts your fellow readers are visiting.
Added mobile responsive capability
- If you visit “a scrumptious life” on a mobile phone or iPad (as opposed to a laptop or desktop), the appearance will change to fit the screen appropriately.
Added a recipe plug-in.
- Now you can save or print the recipe on future posts. (Updating this on past posts will be a project in itself!)
- I’ve also customized its appearance a little.